These are the achievements of the people we work with. Our part is providing funds, training and staff support.
VST and its partner Arogya Agam have …
- promoted the formation of 1,200 women’s self help groups that help their members with low cost credit and campaign for women’s rights.
- enabled more than 11,000 women to obtain credit for micro-enterprise thereby doubling their income. When families are better off, girls stay in school longer.
- supported a district women’s movement representing 25,000 self-help group members that campaigns against domestic and other violence against women.
- seen the girl-boy ratio where we have campaigned go from 918:1,000 in the 2001 census to 1006:1,000 in 2011.
- backed Dalit activists campaigning against discrimination, violence and oppressive demeaning practices.
- were among the first to work on HIV/Aids in India.
- support an association of HIV positive people that helps its 1,800 members and campaigns for the rights of positive people.
- continued innovative approaches by working with men at high risk of HIV/Aids.